Preliminary Applications are currently being accepted to be added to the waiting list to rent affordable units at Plaza Grande in Cherry Hill. In order to be eligible for an affordable housing unit, you must meet certain income limits below.
The first 12, one bedroom rental units are expected to be ready for occupancy in Winter, 2022, with additional units forthcoming.
All adults in the household must pass a tenant screening report and have a credit score of 600 or above. There will be a non-refundable application fee per adult in household charged by the landlord for certified applicants.
Interested households are required to submit a Preliminary Application in order to place your name on a waiting list. Pre-applications will be accepted until January 11, 2022 at 12pm to be included in the lottery drawing that will take place on January 13, 2022 at 1pm. Preliminary Applications submitted after this date will be added to the end of the waiting list in the order they are received.
Triad Associates has been designated by Plaza Grande to act as the program Administrative Agent to qualify and assist households through the application process.
For Purchase & Rental
Cherry Hill Township provides for the set-aside 20% of affordable units in every multi-family development for low and moderate-income households. The number of affordable units may vary on a particular site, subject to court interpretation or a court order. The available purchase and rental units are offered to families based on income eligibility requirements.
Units Currently Available (as of 11/23/2021)
|Address||Listing Agent||Purchase / Rental||Price||Bedroom/Bath||Income Guidelines|
Housing Assistance Programs
- Affordable Rental Housing at Tavistock (ARHAT) - No units are currently available, but preliminary applications can be submitted for a wait list.
- Moderate Priced Housing (MPH) - Preliminary applications are currently being accepted for a wait list.
- Section 8 - This program is no longer administered by Cherry Hill Township. Section 8 records have been transferred over to the State. All prospective and current Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher holders must contact the regional NJ Department of Consumer Affairs (NJDCA) Housing office by calling 856-614-3300 in order to inquire about the program.
- State Rental Assistance Program. The State of New Jersey Rental Assistance Program (SRAP) is a state funded program that provides housing subsidies on behalf of very low-income New Jersey residents, for decent, safe and sanitary housing. Persons applying must meet all applicable SRAP income and eligibility requirements. A total of 4,000 households will be selected through a lottery system to be added to the waiting lists. The State lottery is now open from July 11, 2022 through July 22, 2022. Please click here for more information.
- COVID Rental and Mortgage Assistance
Applications for rental and mortgage assistance for those adversely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic are now available. Follow the link on the left side of the Community Development Block Grant page for more information on how to apply.
Fair Housing Act
The Township of Cherry Hill is required to comply with the statutory midpoint review requirements of the Fair Housing Act (“FHA”) at N.J.S.A. 52:27D-313 which provides in pertinent part: “…the Council shall establish procedures for a realistic opportunity review at the midpoint of the certification period and shall provide for notice to the public…”
In order to provide notice of the midpoint review, the Township is posting this review on its website, and providing a copy to Fair Share Housing Center (“FSHC”). Any interested party may submit comments to the Township, with a copy to FSHC, regarding whether any sites no longer present a realistic opportunity and should be replaced and whether any mechanisms to meet unmet need should be revised or supplemented.
For more information, please contact Annette Ludlow, Housing Coordinator by calling 856-432-8706.