You can bag your leaves in open biodegradable bags or place in open trash cans at the curbside on your regular trash and recycling day. Although many residents have taken advantage of this opportunity, many more do not. We hope that you will help save money and keep our streets safe. Please remember that plastic bags are not permitted.
Township Leaf Collection
The 2021 regularly-scheduled township leaf collection will begin the week of October 25th. Every neighborhood will have signs posted one week prior to their scheduled leaf collection. There will also be secondary pickups scheduled (weather permitting) for each neighborhood.
To download a pdf version of the 2021 leaf collection schedule by neighborhood please click here.
Residents must comply with the following guidelines to ensure pickup of their leaves:
- Cars must be removed from the street between the hours of 7:00 am and 5:30 pm
- Do not rake your leaves until signs have been posted in your neighborhood
- Landscape / lawn services must remove leaves from site and may use the Kresson Road Ecology Site at no cost; permits may be picked up at the Cherry Hill Department of Public Works
- Leaves must be raked to the park strip area near the roadway. Do not place leaves in the street
- Department of Environmental Protection regulations restrict leaves from being placed within 10 feet of any storm drains.
- Leaf piles with branches or other debris mixed in will not be collected
- Check the township website homepage "News" for weekly leaf collection updates
It is sometimes difficult to collect the leaves at the right time and get everything completed before the snow season, as the same equipment is also used for snow removal, so we ask for your understanding and help. Please be aware that rain can also slow down the process.
Haul Your Own
Residents who wish to dispose of leaves are permitted to do so at the Kresson Road Ecology Site at no cost. Please call the Department of Public Works for Ecology Site hours and to receive permission to use the site.