- Fire Department
- Fire Safety & Prevention
- Community Education Programs
- Preschool Fire Safety Program
Preschool Fire Safety Program
Preschool aged children are especially susceptible to fire and burn related injuries. Our preschool program delivers valuable fire safety information in a way easily understood by the young audience. The session lasts approximately 30 minutes and includes a classroom presentation followed by a tour of the fire apparatus (weather permitting).
The topics covered in this program include:
- Firefighter is your friend: Firefighters in full gear may look different, but they are always there to help you.
- Keep away from matches and lighters: Never play with lighters or matches - they are not toys. Tell an adult if you ever find them so an adult can put them away.
- Hazard Recognition
- Smoke Alarms: Smoke Alarms save lives. They are loud so that they can tell you when there is a problem.
- Home Escape: Every family should have a home escape plan and know how to get out of the house during an emergency. Practice getting out and pick a meeting place outside to meet the rest of your family.
- Crawl low under smoke: If there is smoke, the air near the floor is cleaner. Crawl low and under the smoke and get out fast.
Requesting a Program
Complete and submit the request form or contact the Public Education Officer at 856-795-9805 extension 1333 or email Tammy DeLucca, to make an inquiry. Requests must be received a minimum of 3 weeks in advance. Programs cannot be scheduled earlier than 10 a.m. Please have alternate dates available in the event the firefighters have other activities scheduled for that date.
- Target ages for preschool program are 3 years to 5 years (no children under three please)
- Maximum group size is 25 children with a minimum of 2 caregivers (more than 25 children would require additional program deliveries)
- There is 1 program delivery per day, per facility
- Firefighters visiting your facility are on duty and can be called to an emergency at any time during the program. If they cannot return in a reasonable amount of time, the program will be rescheduled.
- Due to Fire Prevention Week activities, the Cherry Hill Fire Department cannot honor any request for a preschool program during the month of October.