Zoning Board of Adjustment
To make an application to the Zoning Board please see our Planning Page
CHERRY HILL TOWNSHIP ZONING BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that due to the immense success of holding fully remote meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic, the improved presentation of testimony and exhibits by applicants, and the increased public participation during public meetings, the Zoning Board of Adjustment’s regular public meetings will be fully remote via Zoom in lieu of in-person until further notice and in accordance with the Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A. 10:4-6, et seq. To access all live fully remote meetings, please utilize one of the following methods:
Time: Caucus - 07:00 PM Eastern Time; Regular Meeting - 07:30 PM Eastern Time
Computer, Tablet, Smart Device, and/or Internet Browser, Click: https://zoom.us/s/771740704
Telephone, Dial US: +1 (312) 626-6799
Webinar ID: 771 740 704
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that the most recent and applicable Zoning Board By-Laws shall remain in effect and can be found at https://www.chnj.gov/117/Zoning-Board-of-Adjustment.
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that a Meeting Agenda and any exhibits an applicant intends to introduce during a hearing will be available on the Department of Community Development’s webpage at https://www.chnj.gov/117/Zoning-Board-of-Adjustment at least two (2) days prior to the aforementioned scheduled meetings/hearings.
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that members of the public may access the application plans, documents, and review letters on the Department of Community Development’s webpage at https://www.chnj.gov/117/Zoning-Board-of-Adjustment.
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that members of the public lacking the resources or know-how for technological access should contact the Planning Board Secretary by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 856-488-7870, for assistance in accessing any documents and/or the meetings/hearings.
- 7 p.m. (caucus) / 7:30 p.m. (hearing)
- The 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month, unless otherwise noted
- Via Zoom unless otherwise noted
- Meeting Schedule (PDF)
PUBLIC DOCUMENTS FOR UPCOMING ZONING BOARD AGENDA APPLICATIONS:
Public Documents for Application 22-Z-0031 Anthony D'Amato - to be heard February 2, 2023
Public Documents for Application 19-Z-0045 Deli on the Go Realty, LLC - ADJOURNED to February 16, 2023
Public Documents for Application 22-Z-0024 The Center at Cherry Hill - TABLED UNTIL AN AS OF YET KNOWN HEARING DATE
Please view 2021 to current Zoning Board Agendas and Minutes.
View Prior Year Agendas (2013 - 2022)
View Prior Year Minutes (2019 - Present)
View Archived Minutes (2013 - 2019)
- Stacey Arcari, PE, PP, CME, PTOE of Environmental Resolutions Inc., Engineer
- C. Jeremy Noll, PE, CME, CPWM of Environmental Resolutions Inc., Engineer
- Christopher Noll, PE, CME, PP of Environmental Resolutions Inc., Engineer
- Allen Zeller, Esq., of Zeller & Wieliczko, LLP, Board Solicitor
- Cosmas Diamantis, Esq., Board Secretary
- Jacob Richman, PP, AICP Alternate Secretary (#1)
- Samuel Opal, Alternate Secretary (#2)
The Zoning Board of Adjustment, established under authority of New Jersey’s Municipal Land Use Law, consists of 7 regular members and 2 alternate members appointed by township Council. All are residents of Cherry Hill. Regular members serve 4 year terms, while alternate members serve 2-year terms.
The Zoning Board has exclusive jurisdiction in the following areas:
- All applications seeking a use not permitted in a zone
- Requests for interpretation of the Zoning Ordinance or the Zoning Map
- Certification of a prior Non-Conforming Use
- Appeals from orders of administrative officers in connection with the Zoning Ordinance
The Zoning Board also hears the following applications:
- Bulk (c) variances, site plan approval and subdivisions, if associated with a use (d) variance
- Residential bulk (c) variances